Singapore shopping malls are one of the features you will get to see at every district of Singapore.
Why is that so? Because Singaporeans love shopping!
I myself included, is a serious shopper!
Sales and seasonal discounts are offered all year round. Do not miss the GREAT SINGAPORE SALES held every year from end May till early July. It attracts tens of thousands of local as well as overseas visitors looking for great bargains.
Singapore Shopping complexes where you can find a variety of goods from apparels, food, IT gadgets and furniture.
1. Ngee Ann City - It used to be the largest shopping complex, it is along Orchard Road next the Orchard MRT Station. Six Storeys and 2 basement levels, Regular Sales events and food festivals are held at the Time Square at Basement B2. Events and promotions are often held at the 2 basement levels. The basement is always crowded especially during weekends and public holidays.
2. Sunctec City - A great place for shopping and food.
3. Vivocity - The largest shopping mall in Singapore. Above Harbour Front MRT station opposite to Sentosa Island.
4. Mustafa Shopping Centre - A wonderful place for "treasure hunt". They sell anything you can and cannot imagine!
5. Ion Orchard - A new shopping complex newly opened at Orchard Road in July 2009. It is right above the Orchard MRT Station. Click here to find out more...
IT, Computers And Electronic Gadgets
1. Sim Lim Square - 6 Storey shopping complex solely for IT products. Level 1 and 2 are selling Mobile Phones, cameras, video camcorders and Hi-Fi. 3rd level and above selling computers and laptops, computer hardware.
2. Funan IT Mall - Another IT shopping place, cleaner and more comfortable than Sim Lim Square lesser known to tourists.
3. Far East Plaza - Selling Cameras and Video camcorders.
1. Chinatown shop houses - Selling inexpensive souvenirs
2. Little India - Inexpensive Indian souvenirs
Sports Shoes And Equipment
1. Queensway Shopping Centre
Textile and Sarong Kebayas
1. Arab Street - Arab and Chinese merchants selling imported textile, carpets and house decoration items
2. Chinatown - People's Park Centre, local Chinese tailors for dressmaking.
3. Joo Chiat Complex - Popular among Malays for curtain, dress making.
4. Little India, Selegie Area - Selling Textile and tailoring services are available
Back to Top of Singapore Shopping Info
Mega Book Shop
1. Kinokuniya - A mega bookstore selling books and magazines in English, Chinese and Japanese.
2. Borders - Books and magazines are free for browsing. Check out the children story telling session on every Sat.
Department Stores With Quality Merchandises
1. Robinson Departmental store at The Centrepoint - A Singapore Icon for its ever excellent customer service.
2. John Little - Having many outlets in Singapore, offering sales and discounts almost fortnightly. Popular among local office ladies
3. Others like Metro, Marks & Spencer.
Festive Temporary Markets
1. Chinatown before Chinese New Year
2. Little India during Deepavali
3. Geylang Serai during month of Ramadan - Selling traditional Malay costumes, Kebayas, food, house deco, quality teak furniture, Persian Carpets and even cars.
Mega Singapore Shopping and Sales Events
1. The Great Singapore Sales every June of the year - It is a crazy time to shop when all major shops in Singapore offer great discount. The event is becoming more successful year after year.
2. IT show SITEX and COMEX - Mega IT fair displaying and selling the latest IT gadgets, attract hundreds of thousands visitors every year!
3. Regular warehouse sales held at Singapore Expo
Get some ideas from the list of Things to do here...
Singapore Shopping Info to Attractions Home
Return to Singapore-culture-and-attractions Home