Best Transit Activities at Singapore Airport
"Singapore airport is one of the best airports in the world
well equipped with established facilities. "
Many have claimed they had an unforgettable experience here!
There are many resting areas equipped with entertainment facilities such as free to air TV channels. Some have even claimed that this is the best airport to sleep over!
Click here to view some of the free facilities at Changi Airport Transit Lounge...
Free Singapore City Tour
A free service provided by Changi Singapore Airport for transit passengers Click here for more details...
Transit Activities Suggestions
Relax, enjoy the entertainment facilities provided by Singapore Changi Airport. Many of them are free of charge!
If you have...
2-4 hours, click here...
4-6 hours, click here...
More than 5 hours, click here...
Transit Time of 2-4 Hours
- Enjoy Duty free shopping (DFS) at the Singapore Airport Transit Lounge, one of the cheapest in the world.
- Have a good meal at the food outlets, cafes.
- Enjoy free entertainment such as TV programs, movies and gaming at Entertainment Deck at Terminal 2.
- A short rest at Transit Hotel, Ambassador. Charging at reasonable rates.
- Exercise at gym and have a refreshing shower afterwards.
- Children's Playground for family with small children. There are well equipped nursing rooms for mums and babies.
Having about 4-6 hours?
- Sign up for a Free Singapore City Tour. Go to the Singapore Visitors Centre counter within the transit lounge of changi Airport for more information.
- Enjoy the free of charge wireless Internet access.
- Rest and relax at one of the cafes within the restricted zone.
- DFS shopping, check out the latest electronic gadgets and they are duty free!!
- Free television programs at resting corners.
- Or, check into the airport transit hotel called Ambassador. If you need a better rest before your next journey.
- Enjoy a swim at the pool.
Having 6 hours or more before your next flight
Singapore City Tour by Changi Airport
This is a 2 hour tour with 2 options, Colonial Tour and Cultural tour, first come first serve basis. This service is only available to passengers in transit.
Subjected to entry visa requirements stipulated by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.
Daily 0700 to 1630 Singapore Time
0900hr, 1100 hr, 1300 hr, 1500 hr and 1600 hr
Do you need an entry Visa to Singapore? Click here for more information.
Do It Yourself City Tour
Navigation in Singapore is straight forward and easy. Why not try out the local transport.
- If you prefer a more up closed experience, try taking MRT train from Changi Airport to major destinations. City area is approximately 30 - 45 minutes away.
- Check out events and fairs held at the Singapore Expo, take MRT to Singapore Expo station.
- If you arrive late in the night, bus and MRT services will not be available. Take taxi to Little India Mustafa Shopping Centre which opens 24 hours. You will be amazed at the varieties of merchandises they have.
- Visit Chinatown, Colonial Area, Little India and Kampong Glam
- Remember, cater enough time to return to Singapore Airport
Not sure of your directions? Ask the MRT Station Control officers.
Approach the Station Control if you need advice for directions. The friendly officers will answer your queries.
Back to Top... Best Transit Activities at Singapore Airport
Return to Singapore-culture-and-attractions Home