"Your Best Singapore Travel Guide!"
Explore Singapore With This Insider's Guide
This Singapore travel guide is created by a person, who migrated here and has since fallen in love with this metropolitan city rich in multiple cutures.
A popular travel destination in Asia and drawing millions of tourists from around the world, this city state (the smallest in Southeast Asia) has much to offer.
Numerous historical sites and attractions, exciting festivals, wonderful shopping facilities and a wide range of tastes and flavors from the east to the west.
If you are looking for Singapore on the world map , it is an island at the southern tip of Malaysian Peninsula.
Heritage And Historical Sites
Through many years of effort by the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Singapore and the National Heritage Board, Singapore has been developed into a modern city, while conserving and restoring our heritage and historic areas.
Thanks to Singapore Tourism Board, Singapore has become a famous travel destination.
Being a small county can be an advantage, places of interest are close by. You can do sightseeing in the morning, shopping in the afternoon and enjoy a sumptuous dinner with an immense variety of cuisine, followed by catching a performance at the Esplanade.
"This Singapore travel guide contains what I have discovered over the years about the various aspects of Singapore."
From both the perspective of a resident and a traveler - attractions and culture, vacation and living in Singapore.
- The multiple cultures from the four main ethnic groups of Singapore - Chinese, Malay, Indian and Eurasian, as well as others.
- Not forgetting Singapore's colonial history, which has a deep influence to the country. Truly a place where East meets West.
- Learn about our great food! Singaporeans' love for good food is well satiated with a wide variety from different cultures and peoples, from hawker centers to posh restaurants. We have it all!
- Well preserved historical attractions, such as Hindu temples, Chinese Peranakan shop-houses, Muslim Mosques and numerous colonial architecture.
- Durian, an exotic fruit well loved by Singaporeans. A mix response from our visitors but the taste (and its smell) is definitely unforgettable!
- Great shopping! The yearly Great Singapore Sales attracted millions of locals and visitors.
- Theme parks and facilities ideal for family travel.
- Popular off shore islands you must visit.
- Lovely parks and gardens, such as Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, National Orchid Garden and Singapore Botanical Garden.
- Local and International arts and cultural festivals, performances and events.
- More to come on this expanding list of "Singapore best" things to do and experience.
- Off the beaten track, visit these beautiful places before they become crowded with tourists!
Festivals and events, amazing number of religious or cultural celebrations around the year.
Eighteen Years in Singapore
Arrived at this beautiful country as a teenager, I admit I did not fall in love with Singapore immediately. It was my parents' decision who believed that Singapore will bring their children a brighter future (my parents have always put my interest before theirs, I appreciate everything they had done for me and my sister).
It was to my surprise that I settled in sooner and easier than I thought. We received a lot of help from newly made local friends and neighbors. Singaporeans are in general friendly and helpful.
I am now married to a Singaporean, living and work in this muti racial country I now call home.
Unlike other fast growing Asian cities accompanied by problems such as air pollution, frequent traffic jam, etc. Singapore has done well to keep pollution relatively low.
A good blend of lush and green among city areas, that gives Singapore another name, the Garden City.
Singapore Culture and Attractions Travel Guide
I created this Singapore travel guide to showcase the wonderful culture, attractions and things to do in Singapore. It covers a lot more than the usual Singapore travel guide.
Explore the site to help you plan your vacation, or to check out the best Singapore Hotels and travel deals.
I will update Singapore travel guide from time to time, do bookmark this site and update yourself regularly for the latest travel and living information.
Table of Contents
- Singapore Immigration Entry & Visa Requirement
- Singapore Immigration clearance information. Singapore tourist visa application and procedures for extended stay in Singapore
- Singapore Facts and Useful Information
- Information and Singapore facts,visa requirements and application
- Cheap Flights To Singapore
- Deals for flights to Singapore. Many low cost or budget airlines and the cheapest way to book these airlines tickets online
- Travel Websites for Worldwide and Singapore Tours
- Travel websites useful for preparing your trip to Singapore tours and useful resources for worldwide travel
- The Best Singapore Tourist Attractions, recommended by an insider in Singapore
- Singapore attractions guide with latest information of Singapore tourist attractions when you plan for your trip to visit Singapore.
- Singapore Tourism - Top 10 Things to do when you visit Singapore
- Singapore Tourism, tour Singapore and other South East Asia Countries . Singapore is a gateway to its neighbouring countries.
- Singapore Changi Airport Transit - Free Facilities
- Activities awaiting you at Singapore Changi Airport Transit Lounge. Photos of Changi Airport Transit Lounge and activities suggestions.
- Singapore Airport Free City Tour
- Transit activities at Singapore airport. Sign up for a Free City Tour at the Singapore Visitor's Centre.
- Latest Singapore Shopping Information
- Wonderful Singapore shopping experience is more than just a visit at Orchard Road. Major shopping locations like Suntec City, Vivo City are popular venues. The Great Singapore Sales, IT fairs COMEX an
- Singapore Zoo & Other Nature Sights
- The reputable Singapore Zoo and Night Safari are one of the first in the world adopting an open zoo concept.
- Sentosa Island & other Offshore Islands
- Visit Singapore Sentosa Island for relaxation and entertainment
- See Singapore Culture and ways of living in Singapore
- The Singapore Culture is about racial harmony with ethic Chinese, Malays, Indians, Europeans, Arabs living together. Singaporeans love shopping and good food, read on...
- Singapore Festivals And Holidays
- Check out the many Singapore Festivals when you visit Singapore. We celebrate Chinese, Malays,Indians and Western festivals all year round.
- Singapore Food Paradise
- Singapore food. Be spoilt for choice with varieties of local food of Singapore
- Singapore Travel Blog
- Singapore Travel, attractions and cultural events with up-to-date information. Fun activities, free performances, festival celebration updates. Latest Singapore attractions, Singapore Food news.
- Cheap Hotels In Singapore
- Cheap hotels in Singapore along Balestier Road. Only 10 minutes to city centre, Orchard Road, City Hall and other major attractions
- Cheap Hotels In Singapore Orchard Road
- Cheap hotels in Singapore along Orchard Road. Book now for great discount for up to 40% off.
- Cheap Hotels In Singapore Bugis District and Arab Street
- Discounts and Cheap hotels in Singapore along Bugis Street. Book now for great discount for up to 40% off.
- Other Areas and Singapore Airport Hotel
- Other areas and Singapore Airport Hotel, book now and enjoy up to 40% discount.
- Hotel 81 Singapore Geylang Eastern Part of the Island
- Hotel 81 Singapore. Book now for great discount for up to 40% off.
- Budget Hotels In Singapore - Lavender and Kallang Area
- Budget hotels in Singapore at Lavender and Kallang, 10 mins to CBD by SMRT train. Book now for great discount for up to 40% off.
- Cheap Hotels Singapore Chinatown Area
- Cheap hotels Singapore in Chinatown Area. Book now for great discount up to 40% off.
- Cheap Hotels Singapore at East Coast Area
- Check out the cheap hotels Singapore along East Coast and Katong Area. Book now for great discount for up to 40% off.
- Singapore Budget Hotels - Little India and Serangoon Area
- Check out the Singapore Budget Hotels at Little India. Book now for great discount for up to 40% off.
- Raffles Hotel Singapore
- Raffles Hotel Singapore and other hotels at the city centre of Singapore. Book now for great discount for up to 40% off.
- M hotel Singapore
- M Hotel Singapore along Finanaical District. Book Singapore hotels now for great discount for up to 40% off.
- Elizabeth Hotel Singapore
- Book Elizabeth Hotel Singapore with great discount
- Contribute to Singapore Travel Guide
- Would you like to share your knowledge about singapore travel guide? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.